SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Could the Big Bang...

Could the Big Bang have been a nuclear reaction? Probably a stupid question, but one I need to know the answer to nonetheless. Please humor me.

Um, yes and no. The big bang was all nuclear reactions for a while. it was so hot that all sorts of nuclear and subnuclear reactions happened. In particular from about 3 minutes after until about 20 minutes, there was quite a lot of fusion going on, building up the helium that makes about 25% of visible matter. Before that there were a lot of more exotic reactions, some of which we can make in places like the LHC, some way beyond our capabilities.

However, our best guess is the cause of the big bang was not a nuclear reaction, it was something else. Quite what we're not sure - there are lots of ideas around - but it has to be something that releases a lot more energy than a nuclear reaction.

It could really be a number of things, I like the idea of(but have no real understanding of the workings) the big bang could be a white hole, the anti-black hole.

Whether valid or not I'm not sure but the idea of Fecund universes and similar theories are fascinating.

I mean who hasn't thought of that before in passing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecund_universes#Fecund_universes

http://io9.com/5596712/every-black-hole-may-hold-a-hidden-universe

It could really be a number of things, I like the idea of(but have no real understanding of the workings) the big bang could be a white hole, the anti-black hole.

Whether valid or not I'm not sure but the idea of Fecund universes and similar theories are fascinating.

I mean who hasn't thought of that before in passing.

http://en.wikipedia....ecund_universes

http://io9.com/55967...hidden-universe

Hmm... White hole as the big bang? That sure opens up a can of worms lol. Would that mean there could be multiple big bangs going on in the universe right now? If white holes are connected to black holes, could the matter of our universe come from a black hole in a parallel universe? Perhaps that is how new universes are created, matter from one universe traversing through a black hole into a new one. Quite an interesting theory indeed.

Hmm... White hole as the big bang? That sure opens up a can of worms lol. Would that mean there could be multiple big bangs going on in the universe right now? If white holes are connected to black holes, could the matter of our universe come from a black hole in a parallel universe? Perhaps that is how new universes are created, matter from one universe traversing through a black hole into a new one. Quite an interesting theory indeed.

That seems to be the case at least with Fecund universes..

"Each universe therefore gives rise to as many new universes as it has black holes."

Every black hole in theory may contain another universe inside, the success of such a universe may differ from ours of course.

It's definitely an interesting one anyway.

Not much is know about black holes, or multiple universes, at the moment its on many of our lips, the big question, was there multiple big bangs which occured simutainualy at the begining and if so are there still happening beyound the unknown, in the far region of our space. We do know that each galaxy ontains a large black hole, but what lies within it is a mistery within its self, maybe in a few hundred years we might know a great deal more about our universe and beyond. Maybe be, just maybe there is more than 1 planet earths but hundreds maybe thousands and on these Earths humans may not be the suprieme race. sorry about the mistakes :Envy:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived