SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tulips from Amsterdam SH2-101

CELESCOPE

Been after this one for a while , conditions pretty good tonight, a bit windy , but made no odds in the Dome , the Tulip is a bright nebula surrounded by very faint nebula , captured what i think is the bright star n CYGNI,top right, a lot of exposure time needed 1 hour 30 mins worth, subs 90,H-Alpha filter used , ED 80 with 6.3 reducer,Atik 16hr,processed in Maxim, 2,1 % DDP and finished in Photoshop.

Cheers

Rog

1274_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

1275_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Wow Roger what a great image! Another new object for me - didn't even know this one existed...

You've got lovely round stars a lots of fine detail in the nebula (both brigter and faint).

What does 2.1 DDP mean.

Thats must be a fair size FOV with the ED80 and FR?

Ant

Hi Ant, in the Maxim process ,you have a DDP , DIGITAL DEVELOPMENT PROCESS, this can bring out faint parts of a galaxy or nebula , the only trouble is , the image has to be fairly noise free, else the ddp will bring out any noise present, ,it has a custom section that you can set a % of ddp you want , as i thought even with 90 subs i still had some noise , i only gave a low % , to bring out the faint nebula surrounding the Tulip.

Hope thats gives you some idea , my crude way of explaining.

Rog ;)

You are really buzzing now Rog. I have to confess not knowing this one also. You sure can highlight these lesser knowns, and it is a gorgeous sight. I hope I can get my head around Maxim even a small percentage. You seem to have it licked, so I may be picking your knowledge come winter skies ;)

Ron. :wink:

Archived