Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

GJBC

RIP Neil Armstrong

The following was posted up by the NSC.

From the family of Neil Armstrong:

"While we mourn the loss of a very good man, we also celebrate his remarkable life and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves.

For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.”

RIP

Yes I was very sad to hear this news, rest in peace to one of my heroes. R.I.P Neil Armstrong. When ever i look over the sea of tranquility through my scope or binos i will always think of the Apollo era and remember a truely great man.

Neil Armstrong is a household name. Even people of my age (14) know who he was and what he did. We will remember him for many, many years to come.

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong

Will be thinking of you as I watch the ISS fly over Marbella in 5 minutes.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong

Will be thinking of you as I watch the ISS fly over Marbella in 3 minutes

RIP Neil Armstong

Thank you for lighting the spark . My interest in this hobby started after watching the lunar landings as a child.

You will never be forgotton :(

• Like 1

RIP.

I'm so sad.

If there is anyone out there who has not read detailed accounts of the moon landings, then you really should. Neil Armstrong was abviously a great hero, but when you know the details, it only makes him more awesome.

He stood at the pinnacle on the enormous pyramid that was the NASA moon program. Every stone in that pyramid was valuable, essential even, and everyone of them served their purpose. Neil would be the first to insist he was just one stone amongst millions.

But of course, only the truest, most perfect stone is chosen as the capstone.

• Like 1

OMG shocked just found out, very sad, i rember the moon landing just i was 5, hope they give him a state funeral.

Just found out about this.

Very sad news indeed. RIP Neil Armstrong. :(

A genuine sadness came over me when I heard the news.

May his soul reside in the heavens he once visited.

A sad day indeed, RIP Neil...

I remember seeing the first lunar landing on TV and seeing the Apollo craft overhead in 1969. A sad day for the world. RIP Mr Armstrong back in the heavens!

R.I.P Mr Armstrong

Eternally remembered for a first accomplishment never before & never again to be repeated in all of human history.

To set foot on another world with courage, faith & almost impossible odds

Who could ever top that?

What a guy

Of all the people that DIDN'T cash in on their fame..... Neil Armstrong gets most of my admiration......

The word Legend doesn't do him justice.....

R I P

RIP Neil Armstrong.

He was a true inspiration.

I just found out after reading the BBC news article, that when he retired from being an astronaut, he went on to teach aerospace engineering which certainly inspired more people in space exploration.

May our American members should start a partition to have his ashed send to the moon on the next moon probe and rename the proposed Altair moon lander to Armstrong lander.

• Like 1

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong.

Very sad news indeed, the loss of a true inspiration.

I've just heard the shocking news, a very sad day, next time I see the Moon I will pause for thought in respect for such a legend! Speaking from the point of view of someone who can't even go to the cinema without having a panic attack, the fact that this man sat ontop of what was basically a fancy firework and blasted to the Moon! then landed on the Moon! then returned from the Moon landing safely back on Earth all with the computing power of a pocket calculator! well its super human bravery and skill! Mr Armstrong you will never be forgotten and will live forever in our history, RIP.