Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M16 Eagle Nebula

carastro

I like that :) There's lots of nebulosity that nearly fills the frame and I would love to see a reprocessed image covering that area if you would be willing to do that, Carole. I love your images and think they're some of the best around :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks very much every-one.

Thanks for you nice comments Gina, however the re-process did not show up so much of the surrounding nebulosity as the original process for some reason.

I'll take another look at it when I get a chance.

Carole

Really good stuff Carole. There seems to be more of an issue with gradient towards the very bottom of the picture, a band about 5mm to my eye maybe it would be possible (if you wanted to ofc) to crop that off to give you a little more playing ground? There is another lighter band just above that may be restrictive - just a thought.

Overall the image is very impressive though and yes the pillars are excellent!

Thanks Starfox, Gina and Wookie.

@Anweniel

There seems to be more of an issue with gradient towards the very bottom of the picture, a band about 5mm

I can't see anything unless I turn up the brightness grossly and then I can see the notorious DSLR banding.

Sometimes this causes a problem with images, but on the whole it is not prominent enough to cause a problem. Since I did not notice it on this image I didn't do anything about it. Damn nuisance sometimes though.

Carole

I upload my PNG images directly to here. For other places I use Photobucket - I have their "payfor" account as I use it a lot with big images with heavy downloading.

Archived