Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Getting back to it! (M92, Stephans quintet and Ring nebula)

toml42

Between my final exams, graduation, time abroad and the APALLING weather this year, it has been some time since I've managed to get out with a scope.

The last two nights have been a lot of fun just getting to use the equipment at long last! I'm a little rusty, but here's what I've got so far:

gallery_7340_2000_59199.jpg

M92, 30x60 second. A nice easy one to start off with, to make sure I still knew how to work everything!

gallery_7340_2000_5200.jpg

Decided to go for something a bit more challenging and tracked down stefans quintet. Apparently my dark frames weren't quite up to scratch. Only managed about 15 minutes of data before simultaneous cloud cover and misted mirrors ended the night, but I'm quite pleased with the initial results, might try this one again!

gallery_7340_2000_13919.jpg

Night 2: Decided to go back to an old favourite, 203 x 60 second subs in H-alpha. I was delighted to find that I'd managed to capture the faint outer shell, so I assembled a composite image. I put it down to the significantly darker skies I get at home!

I'm glad to be back in the game, and I'm looking forward to spending more time on this forum once more!