Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Image help

Ok I've shot some lights and darks and stacked them with DeepSkyStacker, and it has been saved as a TIFF file. How, in the broadest laymans terms possible, do I convert that into a file I can actually open with Windows Photo Viewer say. If someone could do an kind of idiots guide I'd be very grateful (rubbish with computers)

many thanks

Matt

If you don't have any other photo editing software that can open the tiff, then you need to open it in deep sky staker again and re-save it as an 8bit jpeg. When you click save image, you will be able to change the file type. If you are not going to edit it further, make sure you choose the option to save with settings applied otherwise you will just get a very dark square.

I've managed to make it work with Irfanview DSS would only let me save it as TIFF or FITS. Thanks for the help

Matt

Odd, I thought DSS had jpg as an option :icon_scratch:

Anyway, I'm happy you got it sorted :D

Archived