Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Wattsy

EOS 400d lcd too bright?

I was trying to take some wide-field pictures last night and the LCD kept destroying my night vision. I used to have a Nikon d40x and I think there was a way to reverse the LCD colours (dark bits were light, light bits were dark) is this possible on an EOS 400D?

cheers

Matt

I don't know if it's possible to change the display colours, but I think it's possible to change the brightness. Have you tried that?

James

yeah I've got that as a back up but ideally I'd be able to reverse the colours. Wish I'd hung on to my D40x lol

Try and look for some clear red film to stick over the LCD. They make it for laptop screens but that might be ab expensive way to buy for a couple of square inches that you need.

I think that you can turn the LCD display off by just pressing the "Display" button , top left on back,

Certainly does this on my 1000D and the 400D manual suggests this is the case......!

Steve.