Right Angled Finder Scope

My 12" Dob came with the Skywatcher 9 x 50 RACI, I liked it so much I bought another for my SW 150p.

Unless you can find a second hand one, I would save the extra £15 and get a new one.

Thumbs up for the Skywatcher one! I got mine from harrisons telescopes, it's brilliant and would thoroughly recommend it. Had to tweak the focus a little bit to start with as it was slightly out, but its easy to do if you need to.

Thumbs up for the Skywatcher one! I got mine from harrisons telescopes, it's brilliant and would thoroughly recommend it. Had to tweak the focus a little bit to start with as it was slightly out, but its easy to do if you need to.

The focus tweak - was this simply a matter of unscrewing the diagonal eyepiece out a little??

The focus tweak - was this simply a matter of unscrewing the diagonal eyepiece out a little ??

No you unscrew the front "knurled" ring slightly and rotate the front section to focus . The diagonal is fixed so to alter the angle of it you have to turn the whole finder within the white holder, obviuosly you need to slecken of the adjusters to do this so set it at a comfortable viewing angle and then line it up with your main scope

No you unscrew the front "knurled" ring slightly and rotate the front section to focus . The diagonal is fixed so to alter the angle of it you have to turn the whole finder within the white holder, obviuosly you need to slecken of the adjusters to do this so set it at a comfortable viewing angle and then line it up with your main scope

Alan,

Thanks for the hint - I do agree with other posters that the 9x50 is a great finder scope!!

Doh - must check spelling & grammar next before I submit post - When did the "edit" function dissappear ??

If the edit function has disappeared then I think it is a great shame - its is so easy to miss something out - or make a spelling error - by the way I had omitted to add to my last post that my finder is a RACI version!!

Archived