SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M31 COLOUR FROM FRIDAY

CELESCOPE

That is with a focal reducer Martin,hehheheh , 6,3 celestron reducer on ED80 . does give huge wide field , but as you know M31 is a huge galaxy anyway, i need to get a 135 mm camera lens attached to my Atik , it fits in a treat then .

Rog

And is not it possible to use such focal reducer that would give you even wider field of view with the combination you got now so that you do not have to attach any lenses?

Martin ;)

Possibly ,but not alot of difference ,maybe get a little more in , the trouble with this ccd imaging is getting the right reducer , we come up against a lot of prob , vignetting , coma etc , the 6.3 does a fine job eleminates all of this. to give a pretty good flat field,

this is why we have so many different scopes to accommodate different objects.

Rog

M31 is a lot harder than you think, the FOV, bright core make this a really difficult obect to get the dust lanes etc without blowing the core (which is what I always do)!

I think that a good M31 is just about as impresive as you can get. I have only just seen this thread - I saw the image first following the link in Rogers sig (it was showing in the Stargazrs sig thing).

Mighty impresive! Try the DSLR Roger? That is one of my targets for Kelling!

Ant

Archived