1564402927_Comet2021Banner.jpg.a8d9e102cd65f969b635e8061096d211.jpg

M27 - finally!

I've been trying to image this object with mixed results for the past few years

Tonight I managed to get everything going and keep it working for 1x10min and 2x5min captures (I lost 30min worth)

I wanted to capture this one before I swap the scopes over for wide field imaging - almost didn't happen :-)

Hope everyone else got a chance to get out under the clear skies tonight!

David

M27%2520120820%2520C8n%2520QHY8%25201x10%25202x5%252001.jpg

M27%2520120820%2520C8n%2520QHY8%25201x10%25202x5%252001%2520Zoom.jpg

Wonderful! :) Clear skies??? I wish :D Set up for last night as it was looking good earlier in the evening but well before dark the clouds came back :( The long time since I was able to do any imaging was made abundent clear by the cobwebs all over my scopes and mount!!

There are some really odd shaped stars in this image are you using an MPCC?

No I don't - I may get an MPCC in the future though - the stars are messed up too because the guiding wasn't brilliant

I've got a lot of weight on the EQ-5 so balance is key and I didn't have it quite right tonight - I've had much better results in the past.

David

Fantastic image! What set up did you use?

Thanks - I used a 200mm Newtonian > Eq-5 Syncsan Pro > ST80 guidescope > QHY6 guide camera > QHY8 Imaging camera > 1x10min 2x5min

I was limited in time as set up took longer than expected and the clouds rolled in - needs a lot more data :-)

David

Wonderful! :) Clear skies??? I wish :D Set up for last night as it was looking good earlier in the evening but well before dark the clouds came back :( The long time since I was able to do any imaging was made abundent clear by the cobwebs all over my scopes and mount!!

You too?! The cobwebs in the corners of the roof of my obby looked like something out of a horror movie :-)

I was going to get the hoover and clean them up but notice they're eating all the flies that get in - not sure which is worse

Hope you have some clear skies soon - it was a brief period last night - but great fun

David