SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

07-09-07 - M31, M42, M45 and Double Cluster

Grant

Had a fantastic night last night (except smashing my observatories window!)...

Managed to get a pretty good polar alignment so could push subs up to 105 seconds, all of the belonw are 10 x Lights, 10 x Darks and 10 x Bias...

Stacked in DSS, processed in photoshop, all taken with 350D, unguided, EQ6 Pro & Skywatcher ED80.

Double Cluster

1249_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

M31

1250_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

M42

1251_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

M42 - Reprocessed

1253_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

M42 & NGC1977

1252_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

M45

1254_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I'm super pleased today - its the first time I've got some nebulosity with M45, my best M31 and I'm really chuffed with imaging M42 for the first time - it was well worth the really really late night!

Cheers,

Grant

Thanks John :D

When I pulled the roof down on the side where the window was, it must have flexed the side and put some pressure on the glass which just made it shatter - not to worry its now a non-window - covered in wood - its like like an observatory needs a window :wink: I guess its one of the downsides of converting an existing shed rather than designing/building from scratch :lol:

Thanks John :lol:

When I pulled the roof down on the side where the window was, it must have flexed the side and put some pressure on the glass which just made it shatter - not to worry its now a non-window - covered in wood - its like like an observatory needs a window :D I guess its one of the downsides of converting an existing shed rather than designing/building from scratch :grin:

No loss then :wink:

John

Archived