Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7635 First CCD Picture

NickRose2006

Here is my first light with well 2nd light with my new Orion SSDS Mono Imager III. I got the package deal of the imager with filter wheel and filters and I also bought a H-a filter.

I had a problem with the guiding but found out it was the lens in the guide scope that was loose, so I fixed it and was able to get up to 800sec subs, I'll try for 20 or 30min at a later time. Before the clouds rolled in I was able to capture H-a in 4x800sec, 2x600sec and 2x300 with no darks or flats. All was combined and some stretching with Maxim DL Ess. and then the final bits with photoshop.

I'm amazed at how sensitive the sensor is. I slewed it to M51, M63 and M101 during during twilight when there was still some sun light and I was able to capture the galaxies. Yes they were poor quality but it did show the arms of the galaxies.

7782913032_fc842fc2b5.jpg

Bubble Nebula H-a by Nick R2006, on Flickr

A few shots had some minor guide errors but I do have coma with the scope. This camera shows a lot less coma then my 300D DSLR. A coma corrector is on my list. But I'm not in a hurry to buy one since I'm getting a over all quite pleasing result with the camera.

Archived