SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

most of the swan!

First proper go at widefield milkway imaging, quite pleased with the result given the weather we have had of late :grin: , 5 frames of 1.5mins plus darks, iso800, canon 1000d, using stock lens 18/55mm at 24mm / f5.6, stacked in DSS rough process in GIMP. the framing is a bit out too :sad2:

post-13223-0-74234200-1345238516_thumb.j

feel free with any advice ( as long as it's not give up :sad2: ) it's all welcome, thanks for looking

looks better as thumb nail image, looks terrible close up.

Tim

very nice image. Was that on the EQ5? Only thing i would say is some flats and bias added might darken the background a little making it a bit more punchy.

I'll try that next time I'm out, I've just made a light box/tub from one of my lads protein tubs, small circular led light head, one of those wooden round Turkish Delight boxs you get on Hols and some white copy paper and three small bolts. Looks like it might work, proof is in the eating, just need clear night to take some more images :smiley:

I'll also have a play with the gradients in processing, see if that helps.

sorry I haven't answered your question, Yes I did use the EQ5.

Archived