Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Shibby

Sh2-132, the "Lion": Now in Technicolor!

I returned to Sharpless 132 (see my previous image) on Wednesday night for some more data. Despite a few clouds interfering, I managed to gather another 1 hour of Ha and about 1.5hours of colour data (both taken with my DSLR).

There are some slight hints of blue coming through at the bottom of the image from the OIII but very difficult to extract this faint stuff from the light pollution.

So it's now:

- 24x600s (4hrs) Ha + darks & flats

- 21x240s (1.4hrs) Colour + flats

- SW150PDS

- Canon 450d (modded)

- Vixen GP + Finderguider + SPC900

gallery_5051_1080_1052577.jpg

I haven't seen this image before! Really like it and has already been mentioned it really stands out!

It's great to see images that are not the normal offerings.

Great capture to be proud of :D Images like this make me want to reconnect my DSLR to the scope!

Matt

The star colour that you manage to keep in your images Lewis is fantastic. Great work.

Nice work Lewis, I dont think ive seen this one before. It took me a couple of minutes to work out where the lion was though :)

I sometimes struggle to see the shapes in photos but not in this case, the lion jumps out at me, fantastic job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments :) It may be a little pink on second look this one...

Images like this make me want to reconnect my DSLR to the scope!

Do it! Makes gathering the colour data pretty easy, should combine well with your mono CCD :)

The star colour that you manage to keep in your images Lewis is fantastic. Great work.

Thanks Sara - I was thinking about dropping to ISO 400 for this one, but thankfully I didn't need to and the star colours came out just fine (hardly even had to lift saturation on them!)