Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn and the Beehive cluster

Thanks Guys,

I love the beehive esp when your just doing quick look's i had the camera piggyback on my scope and it was great taking the photo's whilst observing!.

Thanks to Steve's photographic talk at the star party recently this has helped greatly with these widefieild images. I use raw mode now for all these images and processing the light pollution out is a doddle.

James :clouds2:

I cannot see any part of Cancer from my back yard, because of the local LP. The first time I saw it, I was camping, and located Cancer faintly between Gemini and Leo, put my little monocular up to my eye and put it smack on the beehive! I had been trying to see it from home for a while.

I understand were our coming from mate there parts of the Sky i have not seen for years due to Light pollution and other things like house's in the way etc etc. Not seen uranus for years :shock: or pluto(Seen that in a 4.5 reflector :shock:). Hopefully with the Star Partys being organised i will get some nice views from darker locations :clouds2:.

James

Archived