Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So, first proper night in the field - what would you do different?

Simms

So we have our inaugural group meet out of the way, overall it was a good night, but I just wondered if anyone would of done anything different or encountered issues they think shouldn't of happened or learnt anything from the experience.

For me, I feel that I had a pretty good night overall, I don't think I had an issues as such, but have learnt that bringing extra clothes was a very good idea and something I will make sure I do in future - I think I might of been a bit chilly in just T-shirt and shorts come 11pm.

Weather is something we cannot control but that certainly did put a dampener on things for me.

Anyone else find it a learning experience at all?

I'm still reading up on how to align this smegging little Nexstar 4se ... think I need to falsh the firmware up to date as a starting point !

Agreed on the extra clothing though, good point, it did chill over pretty quickly there.

On the whole, found it a good evening, nice bunch !

I had a most enjoyable evening,

i learned a few things,

I was in too much of a rush to image everything.. Spoilt for choice with the dark sky :) So next time decide what im going to image and stick to it..

Secondly, i need to get more familiar with my DSLR (canon eos 300d/ when not attached to my scope)

Also i think next time i will bring my retractor so while im imaging i can still view the many splendors of the sky

Looking forward to the next time

Archived