Oh wow! I have seen the space station for the first time!

sallystar

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its also shown on stellarium too incase you didnt know, i went out to see it again tonight :) had a look with the bins but was too wobbly and bright lol

I can't seem to find the option for satellites in Stellarium, where can I find it?

Its ok, I searched and found what I needed. It seems from what I read that it is getting lower now, so may be not as bright close at it eas last night. Shame it was cloudy here.. I'll be watching the shies over the next couple of days though.

Highly recommend Sputnik! app (I've got in iOS, but it may be available on other platforms).

Give you your location, next sats viewable in the next 24hrs and 7 days, also when the sat rises, peaks and sets along with "where to look" and magnitude.

I have been using the Sputnik app on my iPad ever since I saw the space station on Saturday! I have got my

alarm set to remind me to have another look tonight. It's amazing when you think about what we are actually witnessing every time we look up at the night sky whether it's stars, planets or something manmade. There

can't be many hobbies that give you so many 'wow' moments.

I saw it for the first time on the 11th too, it had me scratching my head for a few seconds then I thought it must be the ISS, I checked up online later that night & sure enough it was.

Archived