SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Just a couple from this evening.

Simms

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shoots! Post as many as you have, i love wide field night pictures. I will work on my galaxies in the evening and will post results later on. By the way- great night. Loved views through different telescopes. Think that seeing was poor and next time views will by much better.

here my only good shot of the evening, i think its a little over done on the processing side, i needed more frames, i think next time i will pick one target and stick with it!

p.s i forgot to mention i forgot to shoot my dark frames :(

post-23525-0-64052400-1344700024_thumb.j

From last nights meet.

Stacked and processed - cropped in a bit tighter than I should of, but wanted to fill the frame.

Double Cluster - NGC 869

this is cracking image. may I ask you how you are getting such a uniform and dark background?

this is cracking image. may I ask you how you are getting such a uniform and dark background?

I stretch the histogram using Nebulosity - I tried the demo and thought it offered more control than DSS - it takes some getting used to and to get a useable image, it takes more work than DSS, but overall the results are a lot better - and its pretty cheap compared to software like PixInSight.

here is a collection of image from this weekend,

This started because all my wide angle shot are out of focus, so i reduce them in size to hide the blur,

i hope you all enjoyed friday night as much as i did, i look forward seeing more images from you guys.....

post-23525-0-59207100-1344808443_thumb.j

Nice Craig ... ring looks pukka...

Finally got 4se to align (2 star auto) found M13 in garden tonight, just a faint smudge though, makes you appreciate the dark site all the more!

Im glad you got it working, i bet it will show Jupiter/Saturn up nicely, i've seen some good webcam photography with the 4se

Like the montage Craig - downsizing has really helped here - happy to help advise on processing in future if you get stuck - Photoshop is one thing I am actually quite adept at!

Thanks Mark, i could use some points on how to use the camera in general,

Once its attached to the scope im fine, put it on to 800 / 1600 iso and bulb setting and shoot... apart from that i have no idea what to do with it!!!

Did you get any other shots yourself?

mark that double cluster is just awesome !!! came out perfectly

Cheers - wish we'd had more time before the clouds rolled in. Next time I am going to jot down a list of the better known clusters and see if I can get a few more under my belt - then to take a crack at the Pleiades again. Attached my attempt I managed to capture through the LP of Basildon - so hoping to pick up more nebulosity next time.

post-10509-0-45884600-1345153472_thumb.j

That is immense !!!!! I'm going to try get my 7d under my belt with some major help of course haha and try to take shots lookin up without a scope, then once I've managed that I think ill have to buy a Heq mount and start with the astro work as its amazingly rewarding

Archived