Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st Andromeda project ongoing

Ewan

Evening all, i managed to get (finally) Andromeda as it's up nice & high at 12-2.00 at the moment, i appreciate it's not fantastic & i only have part of it but it's a nice part :-).

C8 with 6.3 FR Canon 600D @ 18MP 93 subs @ ISO 3200 exp 25 secs mount tracked.

post-11075-0-60640600-1344651207_thumb.j

Stacked in DSS but still learning as i wasn't too sure of the optimum settings, the TIF file was 120MB (& imbedded i know it's not the best way) my CS6 dosn't seem to like images above 150mb for some reason i get the out of memory error so sorry this is just a jpeg for now.

I have just done another 88 subs at various iso / exp to try & get some 'hidden' detail ....is this not a good idea ? should i keep all subs the same ?

Do you think i could load all 170 odd subs into DSS & would it be willing to process them do you think or will i 'overload' it as it were ? or so i stack some like the one above then stack another then combine the two stacks ? if so should two stacks be TIF ?

I'm really new to this even though i am using it a lot now & finding my way round, i can actually pull some fairly good detail now, but i could still do with tips from you guys if you would be willing.

All the best now i'm off to bed :-)

Sorry but i meant to ask once DSS has produced the image to process can i save it out & then load it back in DSS later & then do the processing or do i have to reload, register & stack them again ?

Thanks again.i'm really going to bed now :-)

Archived