sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Did I just see the ISS?

Bear with me guys, I'm new to this!

I just saw a really bright light move across the sky quite quickly right in font of me.

I checked an app on my iphone and it showed the ISS right where it was/went.

Could it have been it?

Cheers,

Rob.

It wasnt so bright the second time tonight though

i just saw something else really brightly copper coloured moving quickly too!

I'm starting to enjoy this.

Cheers Guys,

Rob.

I just spotted that too, coming from the west it looked pretty bright then at the zenith seemed to turn a copper-ish colour and just disappeared....

I just spotted that too, coming from the west it looked pretty bright then at the zenith seemed to turn a copper-ish colour and just disappeared....

I saw this last night, it was as bright as Venus in the West, gradually faded to orange at the zenith, I tracked it with binoculars until it was almost invisible in the East and a dull red colour. I assume this is sunlight reflecting off it's solar panels. Might have my telescope out tonight to try and get a closer look if it's not too cloudy.

I saw the I.S.S. too last night,and I noticed the same phenomenon ,which I put down to differing reflection of sunlight. In fact I saw more sats. (6) than meteors(5) last night,which were my main observing target ( seeing as I'd forgotten my red torch,so couldn't check out my charts for DSOs!).

I saw the I.S.S. too last night,and I noticed the same phenomenon ,which I put down to differing reflection of sunlight. In fact I saw more sats. (6) than meteors(5) last night,which were my main observing target ( seeing as I'd forgotten my red torch,so couldn't check out my charts for DSOs!).

Me too - lots of unidentified white dots traveling across the sky in all sorts of directions, definitely not shooting stars (I saw around 8 shooting stars between 11pm -12am).

I had a strange one last night, there was some really high cloud drifting in around 11ish, but I went out for a while anyway to see if I could catch any meteors, out the corner of my eye I thought I saw a reddish flash almost at the zenith, but not being sure I dismissed it, then about 15-20seconds later the same thing again, this time in a slightly different direction. It was one of those 'did or didn't I' see that moments. I presume it was a satellite catching the sun, but the red colour was unusual I thought. Either that or there was an intergalactic super war occurring.

• Like 1

I had a strange one last night, there was some really high cloud drifting in around 11ish, but I went out for a while anyway to see if I could catch any meteors, out the corner of my eye I thought I saw a reddish flash almost at the zenith, but not being sure I dismissed it, then about 15-20seconds later the same thing again, this time in a slightly different direction. It was one of those 'did or didn't I' see that moments. I presume it was a satellite catching the sun, but the red colour was unusual I thought. Either that or there was an intergalactic super war occurring.

I saw a bright flash at the zenith last night aswell , thougt it could be a meteor coming down viirtically or maybe like you say , the sun catching a satellight , ive not seen it before so its good to see someone else saw it to

I saw thw ISS again last night at 21.47,travelling much the same path across the sky as it did last thursday.Interestingly, it didn't exhibit any dimination of brightness or colour changes this time.It also seemed brighter than I've previously seen it-though this could probably be accounted for by the half decent atmospheric conditions last night.

I spotted it too last night, the first pass was brighter but slightly obscured by cloud bank,on the second pass one and half hours later it faded away as it approached the zenith,probably moving back into the earths shadow ,but awesome just the same!