Narrowband

Jupiter & moons Aug 10th Auto Dob

Space Cowboy

After 5 previous fruitless 4am starts finally the sky was clear and with good seeing too! Mist was quickly falling but managed to capture 3 Jup avis. This is a quick registax processed imaged.

Auto Dob 250+ DFK & 5x Powermate= f26. Taken at 5.10am

gallery_4016_230_288592.png

Cheers! I was very lucky, just 30 mins after this was taken it was thick fog! Will do a as!2 1.5 drizzle on this. Certainly did not expect this much detail this time of year but when seeing is good anything is possible!

Hopefully Neil got some shots this morning, if he did they will be a bit tasty I'm sure!

Thanks James, yep the Dob's a good 'un! Cheers Carl!

Cheers Neil! Yep the mist darkened the image rapidly, within 3 mins I was raising gain from 790 to over 850 at 1/30sec.

This was the first time I'd used the auto focuser on Jupiter, so with the moons being on screen focussing was almost instant which it needed to be to get the job done before visibility fell away too much.

Archived