740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

This makes me want to give up

Earl

Yes, try being just a tad heavy on the east. (Why do I like roller drive so much???)

What about those Maximum Movement parameters? Worth a play?

Also try a different guide programme if you can. Yves thinks I'm nuts but I use AstroArt 5.0 It is messy looking with a lot of windows open but I can tell what's going on with it.

Olly

There is a check box 'disable guide ouput' as part of the 'brain settings'.

If you're pulse guiding via EQMOD there are also check boxes next to the guide rates that enable guiding on the associated axis. However if these were not checked I doubt PHD calibration would have completed.

Chris.

There is a check box 'disable guide ouput' as part of the 'brain settings'.

If you're pulse guiding via EQMOD there are also check boxes next to the guide rates that enable guiding on the associated axis. However if these were not checked I doubt PHD calibration would have completed.

Chris.

Just been watching your tutorials chris and hopefully it will be abit better now

Its getting better over time, Im wondering if there could be some inherent stiffness in a new mount which is working out?

This is just guiding via the main scope

post-6688-0-61011400-1344636480_thumb.pn

Edited by Earl

A couple of things that might be relevant:

Your RA aggression (agr) looks on the high side to me. I normally run with that set to 90 (ish);

Your exposure time looks quite long (3 sec) in my experience.

So I'm wondering if high gain plus long update time is giving you some dynamic instability in the RA tracking loop.