SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M33 - The Triangulum Galaxy

steppenwolf

During my drive back from Devon this evening (been to look at a lovely yellow Labrador with my son), the skies got darker and darker as we approached Sussex but after fish and chips and a nice glass of wine, the sky looked much clearer although still laced with moisture. Surprisingly warm too so no excuse for not getting out there and imaging and I am delighted that that is just what I did. I had expected M33 to be too low in the sky but in fact it was quite well placed.

The following image comprises of 24 subs of 200 seconds each giving a total exposure time of 1 hour 20 minutes taken with a Starlight Xpress SXVF-H9C CCD camera through a SkyWatcher 10" Reflector mounted on a SkyWatcher EQ6 mount. Autoguided via an 80mm ST Refractor.

m33_050907_l.jpg

Heck ,we were talking about this the, other night eh Steve, blimey as low down as it is still that a real cracker Steve , super job on that one , got a lot of outer detail as well , fantasic work ,i packed in, to tired and a milky sky, detail here was not that good .

Rog :wink:

Archived