Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sir Bernard Lovell RIP

notaclue

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for for news. I hope this gets some coverage that such a life and contribution to science deserves.

andrew

I doubt it. With the Olympics on I think they will put it as a footnote as though it was a sort of non event that is not worthy. News is like that.

This has to be one of the better memories of Lovell. Sky at night 1981

So sorry to hear of Sir Bernard's death. He was a truly great British scientist (in a long line of great British inventors/scientists/innovators)- why oh why is it that we come up with the great ideas,only for them to be developed and capitalised abroad?. I can remember reading about Jodrell bank- possibly in 'The Eagle' comic- when I was five or six years old,truly an enduring engineering achievement. R.I.P..

73 Sir Bernard de G0KHG.

Thanks for an outstanding contribution.

R. I. P.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

73 Sir Bernard de G0KHG.

R. I. P.

73 Sir Bernard de G0KHG.

R. I. P.

73 de M0WOW,

A great man and a great loss to Astronomy.

A nice gesture would be if they re-named Jodrell Bank in his honour. A fitting deed for a great man.

I believe the radio telescope is named "The Lovell Telescope" so that will remain as a significant and fitting tribute.

Archived