Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Project Cosmos Vol 1 - Complete

Uranium235

Due to a severe lack of clear skies Ive gone finally gotten round to uploading the final cut of my tribute to Carl Sagan and a final hurrah for the CG5 mount before I start work proper with the NEQ6 (and volume II).

The soundtrack was composed a couple of years ago using the usual tat (Cubase SX & Reason) with a few Sagan soundbytes sewn in. Video composed using Muvee Reveal and saved/uploaded at 720p (HD). Ive been thinking whether to give Sony Vegas a try but I think that is more geared towards video editing/effects - a bit like Sony Acid, but for video (including timestretching functions). Some of the detail seems to have been lost in the encoding process, but thats to be expected (play at 720p for best results if your connection can handle it). Video below and thumbs attached.

Thanks for looking/listening :)

Rob

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=69210

post-5513-0-60130100-1344284701_thumb.jp

Lovely presentation of really excellent images - thank you - I enjoyed that :)

Cheers Gina, I just wish I had some better software for this though. It would be cool if i could get a massive mosaic with lots going on (a la martin_h' with Cygnus), and then use the software to make it pan/zoom to different areas of the image. Hmmm... doing it that way I could do a video for each constellation, Orion would be interesting to say the least :)

It would be a hell of an undertaking though, and it would need at least 3 cameras to be able to finish it in my lifetime!

You've certainly been productive with your old kit, Rob! I've just looked back to find I've only completed 7 images this year, 3 of which were taken at SGL!

Nice video, but I can't listen to your soundtrack because I'm at work!

You've certainly been productive with your old kit, Rob! I've just looked back to find I've only completed 7 images this year, 3 of which were taken at SGL!

Nice video, but I can't listen to your soundtrack because I'm at work!

Cheers Lewis :)

Its been the same here, very slim pickings since SGL7 apart from that Veil I did with the NEQ6 a few weeks ago. If the southern horizon is clear later tonight I might try again with M17 or M8 (not having much luck with either of those this year).

Recently a friend sourced the complete series for me, some episodes are a little low res, but rewatching the series still brings back all the same feelings.

You can watch the whole lot on youtube now, it wont quite be HD but its free :)

Archived