Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Open Club  ·  33 members

West Midlands

Meteors at the weekend

Viv

I'm driving back from Wiltshire on Saturday night but I may be able to make somewhere if I'm back early enough. If not it'll have to be stop on the way after dropping friends off in Evesham. I'm going to start watching from around Thursday night though (weather permitting). I'd like to be able to get somewhere darkish so I can do some long exposures to try and capture a few streaks :D

Got anywhere planned Viv?

If you capture a long streak going west to east it will be the ISS which has a number of visible passes this week and through the weekend

Do you know what part of the sky the meteors are suppose to appear to come from Kev?

NE-E is the radiant but looking South as high as possible will give some good views. They are already starting to come through so any clear night late evening into the early hours will give you views. Early hours of Sunday morning will be as close to the peak on Sunday afternoon as we can get

ISS pass at 23:45 tonight is a good reason to be out there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Archived