Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
robindurant

Andromeda at last

I have tried unsuccessfully to image the M31 over the last two years, with repetitive failures mainly due to the high street light pollution near my site. However last night I cracked it mainly due to the help I received from some of you guys on SGL. Mainly Steve at FLO who recommended a Neodymium Filter and Ed Sampson who advised me on how to tackle it in general. I am please with the result which was only 8 subs at 60 secs ISO 800, Prime focus on my Celestron 102 SLT. Thanks Guys.

Robin

image.jpg

Crikey , thats brilliant for only 8 X 60secs. With more/longer subs you would be able to bring out more detail. Its a good idea to stretch the first sub to check position. Usually with DSLR's you have to get M31 across the diagonal to get as much in as possible.

John

You done a great job on that Robin, should be well pleased with that , good dust lanes and excellent processing on the core ,nice and soft , top marks mate

Rog :wink:

Nice one Rob, I thought you had gone chasing Jupiter in Australia. :wink:

Might see you at the weekend Sir P will be attending, hopefully the weather will be amicable.

Very impressive for only 8 mins!

Must be well relieved :D

I myself am struggling imaging anything since i started, mainly due to poor skies + endless cloud. :wink:

'Pleased' ?, so you should be Robin, that's a great result.

Just goes to show, that like 'Robert the Bruce', if you keep on trying, eventually you will suceed. :wink:

Well done!!

Dave

I wish my first M31 looked that good... i couldnt tell if I had captured it, or had smeared a fingerprint across my DSLR sensor...