Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 First DSO

stargazer1980

Nice one Darren!!! Great to see the end result!

The only thing I would say - at the levels stage, if you don't bring it down quite so much you won't get the burnt out center bits - its a bit of a balancing act though between bringing out the detail and not letting it get burnt out... Hopefully some others might have some tips they can share!

Bet you can't wait to get out there doing some capturing now!

Cheers,

Grant

Good stuff mate and what progress in the course of the thread!!

I can see where you are going with the 3rd one, but the second is still the best for me. It might be that our monitors are set up different but the second has a better, (although noisier), background. Number three has the background too heavily clipped.

The second also holds onto the clusters star colours better. The second is the best for detail in the core,(not as burnt out).

Just wait till you are knocking out your own raw frames :wink:

Anthony

Darren, I will probably get shot for this, but miss out the bias, flat and dark frames until you need the last 10% of the image quality. this makes it a lot more fun (as in easier) to get going with the processing. You'll get something that looks really nice with a lot less hassle.

When you get your first stunner, thats the time do start doing it properly, like I might one day. :wink:

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived