Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
centroid

NGC6888 - The Crescent Nebula

A really nice clear night last night, and no Moon!! :thumbup:

The Crescent Nebula captured with the SXVF-H9C, and 10" LX200GPS + 3.3 Focal Reducer. 30x200 sec subs processed in AA4, with a DDP filter applied.

Realise now that it will need much longer subs, to capture the faint outer nebulosity, below the 'crescent'.

Dave

post-13389-133877331121_thumb.jpg

At last eh Dave ,a clear night. nice result mate , and pretty close in as well even with the 3.3 .yes just a little coma presenting itself . but not to bad,the detail at the lower end is hard Dave , would or could you do subs in bin 2x2 to get that ,then layer the colour image u have done ,

Rog :wink:

With smaller 'chip' on the MX7C, coma wasn't a problem, but it is with the H9C and it's larger 'chip'.

I could 'crop' the coma out of the image I suppose, which is really the only way if I want to use the 3.3.

With the FL of 10" being 2500mm, I really need to use the 3.3 to fit some of these DSO's in, so its 'hobson's' choice really, accept the coma, or 'crop' it out.

Don't know how doing just an 'L' frame at 2x2 would work as an 'overlay', as it wouldn't carry any colour info.

Anyway, I guess 'half a nebula' is better than 'no nebula at all' :wink:

Dave