Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
CELESCOPE

What a night,NGC 6914 CYGNUS

Well yes what a night, but CLEAR!!! , this is an image of nebulosity in Cygnus,as you can see plenty going on there, first of all i had an hour of subs , but the focusser slipped . whilst i was indoors , so lost all the subs , , done another lot , then for some reason the Atik ccd being a funny shape came up against the tripod leg ?? so lost 15 subs , but anyway still pleased with the result , wanted at least 90 mins of exposure but ended up with just under 60mins,

Taken with the ED80, H-ALPHA FILTER, Atik 16HR, processed in Maxim DDP at 2%, finished in PS.

Cheers

Rog

image.jpg

UNGUIDED

Now you are just rubbing it in, aint you? :wink::D:lol:

Can I ask that you post the individual sub lengths in your submissions? (just us lesser mortals have an idea)

Lesser Mortals Steve , heck , u be kicking my **** when u get going ehehhehehe, anyway ok they were all 60 sec subs .

Sorry about that

Rog

I think I need to sacrifice a goat or something to ever see clear skies again :wink:

A worthy result after your troublesome imaging session last night. :wink:

The first time I 've seen an image of that one!!

Dave

thanks , yes well thats the object of getting the QHY8 for wide field colour, but thats a little way off yet, see how SteveL gets on with his one .

Cheers

Rog