Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello from northants.

Doshy

Hi all,

I've been lurking about on SGL for about 18 months after buying a pair of 10x50 binos off ebay. They were good for about 12 months until the prism started growing mould! so in the bin they went (15 quid down the drain:-) ) Next up was a very cheap spotting scope and this has allowed me go a bit more in depth, even seeing a fuzzy Andromeda galaxy which surprised me at how excited I got......

I have therefore shown a lot of patience in NOT buying a scope but I have done a lot of window shopping and research while trying to learn the night sky. Yesterday I picked up my latest purchase from ebay, a Meade 16" Lightbridge with a lot of eye pieces and filters of which I have very little idea as to what they do. I did explain to the wife that in some things, size is everything.

It may be clear here tonight so I'm going to start with the moon.

Bring on the next learning curve!

Phil.

P.S. May I say what a nice bunch you all seem, which is a rarity for internet forums. Just need to come up with a tag line for all my posts.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome. Spotting scope to 16 dob, what's next ? Hubble ? Hope you enjoy the forums.

Funnily enough that's what the wife said.

All collimated and ready to go, although this 'Deluxe' red dot finder looks a bit pants.

Hi and welcome to the forum. As others have commented, that is quite a jump from spotter scope to monster scope! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: you certainly won't be short of light picking out those faint galaxies and there will be some treats such as orion to look forward to when the winter nights get darker and longer - congratulations and it pays to be patient.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived