SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The bane of cold tea.

FarSide

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thermal mug from Halfauds, bought for a journey home from Aberdoom in my Land rover about 4 years ago, it keeps my black coffee (strong enough to wake the dead) drinkable for ages, even in the freezing nights of winter. I have a small table set onto my pier for my netbook, a brew and anything else I might happen to feel I need. Maybe a cup holder is in order though....

I thought caffeine raised your blood pressure, which in turn decreases night vision?

It may be just an old wives tale, but I play safe and stick to the grape anyway. Incidentally, I may switch to G&T for the summer, as the quinine in tonic water is supposed to put off mozzies.

Russell

I thought caffeine raised your blood pressure, which in turn decreases night vision?

It may be just an old wives tale, but I play safe and stick to the grape anyway. Incidentally, I may switch to G&T for the summer, as the quinine in tonic water is supposed to put off mozzies.

Russell

Isn't alcohol also supposed to reduce night vision potential?

And the USB warmer, is it really effective? A regular USB port is only 2.5W so not exactly putting out a lot of power...

Such a thing exists? If so, gonna get one!

I have one. It's not much good. Half my mugs don't fit on it, and the ones that do don't make good thermal contact because they have a concave base, so they don't get warmed. Maybe there are better ones though.

You can buy a USB mug in M&S. Its a mug (yeah i know) and it plugs right into your USB port. I guess you have to unplug it every time you want to sip from it.

Now i think about it, it sounds useless.

Buy a flask (a hip flask for some............LOL)

Plus, wouldn't that be an issue if you have loads of hardware running off of your laptop? You'd have to keep unplugging things? How about a mug with a direct plug to the mains on an extension lead? A bit dramatic but it may work! :rolleyes:

Plus, wouldn't that be an issue if you have loads of hardware running off of your laptop? You'd have to keep unplugging things? How about a mug with a direct plug to the mains on an extension lead? A bit dramatic but it may work! :rolleyes:

The one I saw works as a hub as wellB-)

Typed by me, using fumms...

Bubba is your friend........ available at most ASDA's :)

i had one of these and it blew up all over me, think there was water in the bottom bit and it must have got warm with the tea in the cup and exploded...probs not dishwasher safe then

i had one of these and it blew up all over me, think there was water in the bottom bit and it must have got warm with the tea in the cup and exploded...probs not dishwasher safe then

Thanks for that info, I'll be careful when filling.

Archived