sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

The bane of cold tea.

So, how many cups of tea have you guys wasted while observing? I had my 250px nicely tracking my target; Virtual Moon Atlas on the laptop, and a nice cup of stone cold tea to wash it all down with. I've made three in the time i've been closely observing Mare Imbrium and all have gone down the sink only for me to make another and waste that as well. The amount of tea i've wasted over the course of this year while observing must be astonishing.

Oh well, i better go and make another one. :rolleyes:

Clear skies, guys.

Edited by FarSide
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tea is important enough that I don't let it get cold, unless I fall asleep which I don't do in the garden at night.

Or just drink beer/vodka like me

I've only had one night's viewing so far and ended up with two very cold cups of tea in the first hour. However I later managed to persuade my daughter to make me one in return for a 5-minute look at

i use a flask and make coffee at will, or use a thermos cup you can buy them at tesco for a few quid :smiley:

thumbs up on the thermos mug! i got mine for doing diy. the amount of times i'm outside fixing something or just doing gardening etc and my tea goes cold. this thing keeps it hot for hours!

Rather than drink cold tea why not make Iced Sun Tea?

Get as big a glass jar or jug as you can, fill it with cold water and tea bags to taste then cover (lid) and sit it in direct sun light and wait. After a few hours when you think it's brewed enough move into the shade to cool then place in the fridge for later.

Add ice, lemon and sugar to taste and enjoy the night.

I got a thermal mug for the Venus transit, good job as well as there was nothing to do other than drink my tea :p. I use it everytime i go out, saved ruining dark adaption to go make one.. until the house next doors spotlights come on if i walk a centimeter in the wrong direction

I've only had one night's viewing so far and ended up with two very cold cups of tea in the first hour. However I later managed to persuade my daughter to make me one in return for a 5-minute look at M13, and I was able to drink most of it while she had the scope. Later on I got another one in exchange for M31.

• Like 1

I've only had one night's viewing so far and ended up with two very cold cups of tea in the first hour. However I later managed to persuade my daughter to make me one in return for a 5-minute look at M13, and I was able to drink most of it while she had the scope. Later on I got another one in exchange for M31.

That's great. I don't have any children, and i don't think my partner will be none to pleased me calling her every half hour for a cuppa. I'll have to get myself a thermos by the looks of things. I wasted, or half drank, atleast 5 last night!

Edited by FarSide

That's great. I don't have any children, and i don't think my partner will be none to pleased me calling her every half hour for a cuppa. I'll have to get myself a thermos by the looks of things. I wasted, or half drank, atleast 5 last night!

At least it cuts down visits to the loo :grin: