Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
earlybird

First Light - Veil Nebula HA - Meade SN10 - EQMOD

Well this was first light for the SN10 with it's moonlight focuser. I did try and image with it a couple of Month's ago but the stock focuser was awful.

It was also first light for the EQ6 using EQMOD and a wireless gamepad. I did waste a lot of time playing around and trying to learn how to drive it all.

Anyway only got 3 X 5 min subs and the clouds came in.

SN10 at F4 HA filter ATIK 16HR guided by Vixen 70mm and DSI PRO in Maxim.

Have imaged the veil before with an ed80 and got good results. Maybe its because the SN10 is a light bucket but the star was very overexposed and I did not know what to do to reduce it.

I may also be overcooking the processing a bit as well.

John

post-13094-133877331053_thumb.jpg

post-13094-133877331057_thumb.jpg

It does look a bit overcooked on my screen but the amount of detail is impressive :wink:

Diff spikes look wide and strange( not sure whats going on there) and the image is a little clipped at the black point, but as Steve said nice detail in the Neb.