Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora over Newcastle

Very nice, I had no idea they came that far south! A friend of mine thinks we should go to northern scotland this winter to try and see the aurora but i said its a waste of time, guess i was totally wrong!

Very nice, I had no idea they came that far south! A friend of mine thinks we should go to northern scotland this winter to try and see the aurora but i said its a waste of time, guess i was totally wrong!

I would thoroughly recommend a visit to the North coast of Scotland to see aurora. :icon_colors:

6134852750_672178100c_b.jpg

Pentland Firth Aurora by Stewart Watt, on Flickr

A shot of the recent Aurora show as seen from my heavily light polluted garden in Newcastle upon Tyne.

It was still amazing, as i'd never seen it before. Only waited 41 years!

A lovely aurora which eluded us up here,just too light but its dark enough now for a display to be seen easily.

All we need now is a blast or two from the sun at the right time and clear skies.We dont ask for much.

Archived