Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ole boy keeping his hand in,NGC 6888 in H-ALPHA

CELESCOPE

Yup have to keep ones hand in, still getting all the pennies together for more gear , but meanwhile a clear night so had a go at the Crescent neb, with the ED100,HA filter used , 1 hour 20 mins exposure time , and got some of that outer nebulosity as well, processed in Maxim, using SD Mask, DDP at 2%, curves etc in PS .

Rog.

Unguided

image.jpg

NGC6888, as I did promise you some images to help soothe your nerves on the QHY8 :wink:

doing 300sec subs for an hour, then some 600sec subs until the clouds roll in, just for an experiment (hell, this is my QHY8 DSO first light, and i`m bl**dy well going to stay up as late as i like :D )

My Ha filter should be here next week (thanks to Bern!) so I`ll hopefully get some Ha stuff on the OSC as well)

Here we go... first DSO light with the QHY8, so still a lot of learning to do. This was NS8GPS @ f/6.3, 6 x 10 min subs (hence the blobby stars) and zero darks, and the detail is there if it wasnt for the bl**dy radial gradient thats hiding it in the core, colour is a bit shot, guiding looks OK... but it was nice to be out under stars again (and the Milky Way was as clear as I can ever remember it). Need to stump up some more cash for 2" filters now, and also get a light box sorted to take flats)

ngc6888_20070805_01.jpg

well a good one to start Steve, the detail is surely there mate , and what alovely size image as well , yes the colour is a bit of a learning curve Steve , but it will get better and better as we go along, send me te fits and i will have a play as well, good first real light Steve , you should be well pleased,well done mate

Rog :wink:

Steve i,m not having much luck , bought my puter to a stand still , i have no problem with starlight xpress fits , but they are only about athird of the size , infact i cant process these , so i,m having second thoughts on this now , i may change and either do LRGB or maybe go for the colour Atik . really sorry , but at least for sure Maxim seems to be ok for doing them ,

Rog

:wink:

Archived