Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

not seeing any thing on camera

nightfisher

As above, i had a little try at some very basic imaging last night, using WO zs70 and olympus pen epl 1, and i just could not get any stars to appear on the rear screen, the plan had been to find a bright star, focus camera/scope using bahtinov mask, then take some 30 sec subs and see what i got, but if i cant get any stars to appear on the camera screen then it looks like game over from word go. To be honest im not all that fussed about doing imaging, but just wondered if i have overlooked some thing simple, i also understand that the olympus is not very good for astro imaging

You may not have enough inward / outward focus Jules. Try taking out the adapters so you have a clear focuser tube then hold the camera in and out to see if you can pick up stars. Try on a bright cluster like M45.

A good suggestion, but i can focus the set up on lunar, with plenty of focus travel in both directions, might have the answer, i had the iso turned down to 600 as the olympus is known to generate noise at high iso, seems i have to have it much higher, and magnify the live view back, so will give that a try

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem with my megrez 80II. When the camera is connected via the erector I can focus and image but when connected direct to the focus tube it can't get any stars to appear on live view. I'm using the unscrewed nose piece from the 2" extender tube. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived