Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Completed my eyepiece kit?

The Warthog

I have recently acquired three Antares wide angle eps, a 24mm and 7.5mm Speers-WALER, and a 4.3mm W70. I was thinking of adding the 17.5mm SWA, but I dont think I'll bother. I generall use the 24mm for finding stuff, and sometimes for looking at larger DSOs, when I'm in that kind of sky, then switch to the 7.5mm. I occasionally put the 4.3mm in, and I have a parfocalizing ring almost to the end of the tube so I don't have to refocus with it. (It's going to stay there, as I dropped the little Allen key in the grass just after finalizing its position.) I probably wouldn't use the 17.5 much even if I got it. I do intend to get an apo Barlow, but that's it. For now, I think my ep box is complete. Now it's time to sell off some of the old stuff. Well, maybe I'll take the money I was going to spend on the 17.5, and get a shorter SWA, but that's all, honest. Needless to say, I am happy with these eps.

Time to get motors for my mount.

Archived