Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WHAT'S IN YOUR SHED ?

cotterless45

Holy Crowman! I had thought that there would be more sheds of astronomical treasure. All apart from 2 scopes in my shed are off fleabay. Some have had hard lives or been neglected.I don't like to buy new and paying vat.I've had some real rescue missions.

Mine get used, especially at viewing evenings, just set them up and let the public have a peek.All have been taken apart, cleaned and adjusted. Three years ago I had no clue where the North Star was, how deep and quickly anyone can get gripped by this most satisfying of pastimes.

Nick.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went out to check my shed. As i assumed..................LOTS of spiders. Its been sitting there for about 16 yrs unused. It used to house my nephew's rabbit when he (nephew) was 4 yrs old and living with me for a while with his mum. My nephew turns 21 in a 4 wks time.

Think it is time to take a sledge hammer to the shed.

I've used the same comment referring to shoes and/or handbags - didn't go down too well for a while, then it got laughs and an understanding :)

Nice one :grin:

All I have in mine is mower, strimmer/brush cutter and tools and very big spiders

Could that be a retired Radio Shack ?

John.

Moved to Norfolk over 12 years ago, had 9 Rigs in London, so all that's left is the car number plate Callsign, and some Ariel's in the roof space of my Workshop.... :embarassed:

Nearly forgot it, and me Bencher....:)

Moved to Norfolk over 12 years ago, had 9 Rigs in London, so all that's left is the car number plate Callsign, and some Ariel's in the roof space of my Workshop.... :embarassed:

Nearly forgot it, and me Bencher.... :)

Nice piece of kit a bencher, eyepieces don`t fit in all that well though with the new hobby, lol :D

John.

One has 2 BMW bikes that are long term restoration projects (an R100RT and an R65), a running zephyr 750, a running 600 Hornet plus bike tools etc

Strangely enough I've got two BMW's in my shed an R45 & R80/7 although the R45 is my mates but both are ongoing projects. There's 2 mountain bikes a tandem plus masses of other junk. Field mice over the winter plus spiders earwigs all manner of other creepy crawlies & plenty of spider webs. All my Astro gear lives with me indoors but I'm hoping to clear out a space so when I'm imaging I can run the laptop from inside. Well that's the plan anyway!!!

Should have started this thread with "WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR TELESCOPE ?" There seems to be a lot of tolerant wives/partners out there.

Madame is quick off the mark if anything is brought into the house......ouch.

Nick.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a scope shed from which I can wheel out my Dob from to either set it up in the back garden or take to a darker site. I felt it was wearing out it's welcome in the dining room so my wife jumped at the idea of keeping it outside.... Result!

Simon

As a young man, I once met an old Suffolk boy called "Two sheds Marfleet" and was impressed! I too, am now an old boy and have recently built my second shed, I'm so proud! I keep tools in one and in the other I keep my drawing board, easel , art materials and back editions of Astronomy Now and the Sky at Night. . My telescope is kept in its hard case in our sitting room. My wife lets me keep it there as I agreed to modify a piece of furniture in which it is now hidden from view until brought out for use. Unfortunately, my backyard is now too small for the location of a permanent observatory.

Mine has 3 bikes and an enormous amount of homebrew kit/bottles of possibly explosive brew - that'll be his shed then. His bike lives in the house as it's too expensive/precious to live in the shed!! Maybe I need to get my own shed :rolleyes: Scope lives in the dining room - until I upgrade to a big one :p

The only thing missing from mine is the kitchen sink, and I think if we had a new one of those, the Wife would want to retain the old one " you never know when it might come in useful " Bha, we get more like Steptoes yard every day :mad:

John.

I'm very fortunate, I have many sheds. One for gardeneering equipment, one houses the 'Hard-Luck Cafe' bar and fitness centre, one is a hay barn, one is a tack room, 13 are stableses, the small wee green one is the OLLR Observatory and the BIG shed is my workshop. I could never list everything that's in the BIG shed and I can hardly ever find things in it.

Here is a piccie of the BIG shed on moving in day 2007, the first thing to go in was my 1976 Triumph Bonneville, closely followed by several million other items:

DSCI0384.jpg

Archived