Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Whippy

Sky Guide for September 2007

This has more info than anyone could wish for Ant (thanks to Ian too for the double star info, I'll be hunting them down!), class in a glass :wink:. I think it's a brilliant idea and I hope it stays. There's enough objects here to keep most people amused for a month easily.

BTW, I do think it's a good idea to have one either side (East and West) for the reason you've mentioned....

Tony..

Ant/Ian that is absolutely superb, I know I've seen earlier drafts but I can't believe how much information and work you guys have both put into this!

I'm really looking forward to printing it out and having it outside with me to follow along, should be really fun to come back and share my reports with everybody else.

If you need any help making it into a pdf, I can sort this :wink:

Have to say this has got to become a pearl on SGL's board. That's an awful lot of work you guys have put into that selection.

How grand to read also the lore surrounding these constellations. As well as benefitting from what is made available for observers and imagers to take advantage of, I think it would be honouring the ancients who built up these legendary configurations, if we absorbed some of that too.

It will be useful to have this knowledge, it has been around for thousands of years. I for one would not have the temerity to dismiss it.

Good stuff indeed.

Ron. :wink:

Oh wow, this is awesomeness!

Lots of hard work went into it, and for that - Thanks!

Going to become a really handy resource this :wink:

Chris

Knockout

What a brilliant piece of work. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I will look out for the PDF version.

Thanks for all your hard work.

David

Excellent idea well executed. The result,an easy to use quality guide for all Forum observers. :wink: Many thanks for your time and effort.

The addition of a 'Western View' is a great idea as well! :D I'm being selfish now as from my site East faces toward a main road with tall orange glowing street lights. :lol:

Cheers Guys

CW

I'd echo all the above comments. This is going to be a really useful addition to SGL and a massive help for organising my (currently disorganised) observing sessions. Thanks for all the hard work. You've set the standard very high for future Sky Guides.

Cheers, Martin

I'm glad everyone likes it.

Hopefully the standard won't drop, we may from time to time only do one constellation - if it's a biggy.

Ant

Superb work fellas.

That is exactly the type of info us newbs need. The background stories for the constellations was an excellent tool to get my kids interested. They love the computer game Age of Mythology, so they really were keen to find out more.

Thank you guys, keep up the good work.

JV

An excellent resource guys - fantastic!!

As Grant says, we've seen sneak previews of the early drafts, but this is just amazing!!!

:wink:

Brilliant :wink: Well done, a valuable resource for all that will guide the beginner and experienced through the heavens on a month by month basis.

Absolutely fantastic Ant & Ian, we probably will never fully appreciate the amount of work and dedication involved.

naz

superb work guys :thumbup:

This will get reeled out of my printer and I'll try and nail everything on it. Uranus at opposition - Nice!

cheers

Andrew

This is fantastic stuff - I've not really been into double stars in the past but am beginning to get into them - its interesting to actually have some additional info about them rather than just thinking "can my scope split these ones..?".

The legends are useful too - my wife is far more interested in the legends behind the constellations rather then the constellations themselves!

James

Absolutely stunning work guys, amazing amount of detail in this.

I don't know where you found the time.

Gaz

having a wife that works 4 evening's a week, give me a suprisingly high amount of FREE time. Still took ages though - but half the battle is getting everything to look right, then changing your mind about how to create the maps etc.

Now that I have a format that I'm happy with it should be easier.

Ant

Absolutely stunning work guys, amazing amount of detail in this.

I don't know where you found the time.

Gaz

It's been quite cloudy :wink:

guys, i just joined your forum..and this maybe just the sort of resorce i been looking for.... but please help me out...just what are you all looking at lol ... i see the first message from whiplash, but is there a link somewhere i should see? cant for the life of me work out where if there is

EDIT: its ok, i found it now... board layout has me all confused, but thats easily done

cheers

tim

What a great piece of work, just managed to find most of the objects in Cassiopeia. The Owl Cluster was great.

Roll on October's Guide.

Brian.

Glad you enjoyed it Brian, the October guide is very nearly finished... Hopefully get it posted tonight.

Ant