Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Demon Barber

Cumbria Starparty 7 2012

Hi Folks,

I thought you would like to know the lunar luminence during the Cumbria 7 SP.

It will be 32% on Thursday and will have reached 63% by the Monday evening.

The Sun rises around 06:00am and sets about 20:30 in the evening.

Time for BBQ and drinks...

Cheers

Adrian

Hello everyone

Only a few days to go now till csp7,really lookin forward to seeing you all again and some new faces too.

As some of you guys know im now the proud owner of a Neq6 synscan.(i just couldnt' keep it.to myself:))

Can't wait to get it out in the field for the first time & have a whole sky to play with as i only have about a 30degree sky view from my back garden which means doin 3 star alignment tricky given choice of stars.

Fingers crossed for some clear skies,same as csp6 back in may would be great!

Mike,dont forget the "beast".

See you all friday.

Kenny.

Work has gone mad up here I am afraid. Had to cancel my annual leave on Friday and Monday. So, unless something changes in the next day or so, I will have to give CSP7 a miss. A real pain, as I enjoy these so much and haven't missed one yet.

Sorry guys (and gals). have a good weekend.

Clear skies

Tom

Hi Mike,

Hope to arrive tomorrow at about 14:00.

Reg is coming as well.

Then on Sunday, Janet who is one of our mountaineering friends will be along for two nights. This will be her first star party.

She should be arriving around 18:00 on Sunday.

If Tom pulls out, then we need to decide on Friday night's meal at some stage, unless he drives the 74 miles and delivers it in person!!!

Cheers

Adrian

Hi All ,pity the entertainments cancelled,but i`m sure we will still have a good time despite somebody ordering the wrong weather :eek: :eek:

Kenny there`s nothing beastly about my Obsession,peaceful and Quiet at all time`s ---all ready stowed in car fear not.

Tom ,a pity but just think how much tax you will get to pay!!! :mad: :mad:

Adrian,the more the merrier,i`m sure Janet will enjoy the event.

I`ll be on site about elevenish and if BT behave themselves my computor will be on,any queries and i will answer asap.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Guy let me know if your coming and i`ll make sure that there`s enough food on site.

ATB

Mike

Tom ,a pity but just think how much tax you will get to pay!!! :mad: :mad:

If only Mike. I work for the NHS and don't get either overtime payments or time in lieu. I think I am meant to do it out of a sense of public duty. But hey, at least I can retire on a "Gold Plated Pension" - and if you believe that you probably believe the Clangers inhabit the Moon.

Have a great weekend and I hope to see you all at CSP8

Tom

Only 2 sleeps to go!!! :eek:

Sorry you can't make it now Tom, I'll see you at Kielder/Galloway if not before and Rob as well.

Me and James should be arriving early evening on Fri night, it should be before it's dark but it will depend on what time we can get away from work.

The plan is to bring 2 cars as unfortunately James can't get Monday off work. I should be staying on Sunday night as well although there is a slight spanner in the works (pun intended :grin: ) as my car has developed a knocking noise. I generally fix issues like that by turning the radio up but it only goes so loud :eek: ........ anyway it's booked in to the garage on Fri morning. Worst case if I can't get it fixed, we'll car share and I'll need to sacrifice a night.

Food wise I'm making a chicken madras to bring down, there should be enough for 8/10 portions, I've also bought nann bread to go with it and I'm happy to chip in for anything else. :smiley:

Weather wise I'm sure we will all have a good laugh either way, I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again and to meet a few new folk as well....... roll on Friday!!

Cheers

Hi Steve,looking forward to seeing you and James,plenty of lights in case your late,grand night down here,but who knows the weather men might be wrong,i`ve just finished your music Steve,have done you a good selection,have a safe journey down ,i`ve always got a big hammer which you can repair car with,

Regards

Mike

Tom ,you mean the Clanger`s don`t live on the moon, :eek: , gutted.

Enjoy your weekend and see you next time,

ATB

Mike

Good morning all, I hope the BBC weather forecast is wrong :(

Well I cooked some Karahi lamb last night but I am now some 3 hours late for getting into the office and the car is not packed, so I will have to cancel arriving tonight.

How is the weather, BBC suggest Sunday will be be good.

Andy

I'm afaid I won't make it down today either, but hopefully I will

get down tomorrow sometime and stay tomorrow night.

Kathleen

Missing this... AGAIN due to working weekend. Good luck with the weather for those who make it.

Hello all, Just read our thread for the first time, it is a good read, had a good few chuckles reading it.

To all who can't make it hopefully see you at the next one, you will be missed.

We are in the barn at the moment enjoying alcohol, chili with rice and a good helping of banter.

Andy and Sandra, please do not cook / bake too much for our little get together, we just want you both to take it really easy. However this is for this star party only and we will expect Sanda's beautiful tray bakes at the next one. We will however allow you to bring your lamb dish with you. Can't wait to see you both.

Speak to you all soon

Nina

It was nice to drop in on the way home for a quick cuppa and a chat. Maureen can now put faces to names to my astro mates (or 'twinkles' as she refers to them). Great stuff!

Hope the weather improves and you get some time under stars rather than the clouds we've had so far.

John

well i am a boring wedding [literally fell asleep at the service ,mrs dtr aint a happy bunny lol] you can tell the reception is poor as all the guys are watching rugby on the bbc or on their phones like me :grin: , and the woman have got the kids snaps out . hope your star party is better than this [ will deffo get tom the next one as the chilli and rice sounds excellent and i do a mean chicken garlic and chillli dish myself that travels well

Hope you guys are behaving having fun lol. The banter will be great amongst you lot, gonna miss that.

Pete

Hope the weather is better in Cumbria than up here.

had a great evening here though - several of us got together, swapped cds and ate lots of sticky toffee pudding. So life could be worse.

Cheers and clear skies,

Tom

I hope you're having a good time. Once again I'm having to work. At least today's weather is better than the last couple of days.I hope it stays clear tonight for everybody.

Thanks Nina for a great star party.

Pity the weather didn't exactly play ball, but last nights viewing + the company, food and last but not least the malt whisky, made it another one to remember.

For those of you still there - Clear Skies.

Roll on No.8.

Well said, many thanks to Nina and all the chefs. Pity about the weather

but alot of fun all the same.

Kathleen

Hi guys. Sounds like fun was had even if the weather didn't want to play. Sorry I missed it. :o(

I was near Kirby Stephen and apart from Sunday afternoon the weather was atrocious. We were test driving a new trailer tent that will be coming to future star parties.

See you all soon.

Regards

Rob

Big hi to all those who battled the losy weather to make csp7 a most enjoyable weekend.

Thanks again mike for help with power box & loan of your wo 80 triplet for the weekend.

Nina! Your hospitality was most appreciated.

Steve & James,make sure you get some practice in on the greenbaize for galloway:)

Thanks again everyone and look forward to meeting up at galloway.

Goodluck

Kenny.

Hi Nina et al,home safely,a big thankyou to all for making csp`s the sucess they are.

Thanks Tam and Cameron your support is appreciated.

To all who provided food well done,my diet was put to one side,boy do we eat well!

Thanks to Adrian Reg and Janet for help in packing up.

Not feeling to well at times i appreciated everyone`s help and concern.

The weather did it`s best to put a dampner on the weekend but did not suceed and the whisky sampling was as ever enjoyed.

A big thankyou too all who attended, csp7 was a resounding sucess.

Kenny your welcome.

Phil,Steve,Kathleen,James great to catch up !

A nice surprise was John and Maureen calling in on their homeward journey for a cuppa.

Robbie which model or is it a surprise?

ATB

Mike

Hi Mike

Sorry to hear you weren't so good - hope you are back on full form soon.

Our trailer tent is a Riva Dandy Designer, more room than the campervan and we will be more mobile (once the campervan was set up we tended not to go out and about) as we will have the car with us. So the campervan will be sold on in the next few weeks - know anyone that wants one?

See you soon.

Regards

Rob

Hi Nina,

Got home safe and sound.

No rain encountered on any of the 300 miles!!!

Will be drying the tent out tomorrow as today's forecast here is for heavy rain.

I have checked the red bag and the little saucepan is not in it.

If anybody has accidentally packed it, it is a MSR shiny pan...... please let me know, thanks.

I agree with Mike, the food was excellent, let's not talk about the sampling of drinks.... they don't appear to fill the bottles full enough as they empty faster than the rain falls.

Looking forward to see you all at Galloway in November.

Cheers

Adrian