Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Open Club  ·  33 members

West Midlands

Who wants to go out?

PorkyB

If the recent good weather continues, Paul (Paulus17) and myself are planning to be out at Atherstone/Coleshill on Friday night (27 July) from 11pm. Would you like to join us? PM me for the location details.

What an excellent night out. Once the cloud cleared around midnight we had clear skies until morning. Excellent views of Perseus and Andromeda, then up to Hercules before Jupiter and Venus put in an appearance. We had a 200mm Dob, 90mm Mak and 10x50 bins. Being next to the car proved useful when it came time to de-dew the Mak. All I need now is to get some sleep.

Yep we had a fantastic night,good job we chose option 3 to go over as the cloud was still quite thick when we left.

Well with Andy's help i managed to find M31,M13 which are my very first Messiers using the Dob,and M13 just looked brilliant.

The clusters Andy found in his bins also looked fantastic,especially Pleiadies.

Also had our first experience of Dew which was pretty bad last night but my home made dew shield worked a treat on the Dob.

I still can't get on with the Telrad as i have to get to low down,too low for my liking, to view anything thats high up so might get the Telrad plus.

All in all though a great night and can't wait till the next one and finding some more targets :smiley:

Archived