Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pleasantly suprised

Flaxinator

Had a good nights stargazing in the back garden and was pleasantly suprised that I could see the Milkyway, it was such a clear night. Started the night off with splitting Albiero and observing Altair, before moving on to find the Andromeda Galaxy and M110 which is a first for me and my scope and ended up the night seeing 4 meteors over the viewing period, 2 of which were quite bright including the last which (around 1.30-1.45am) left a visible afterglow of the middle part of it's trail a second or 2 after it burnt up.

I think I saw the meteor you mention, was it just below Ursa Major?

Luke, had another cracking night at Narkurs last night, I thought I may se you up there? The farmer came up and had a quick look at M27, you should of seen his face! :eek::grin:

I think I saw the meteor you mention, was it just below Ursa Major?

Luke, had another cracking night at Narkurs last night, I thought I may se you up there? The farmer came up and had a quick look at M27, you should of seen his face! :eek::grin:

I was all set to go but slipped a disk in my back ( throwing an aerobie to my daughter) and have spent the last 36 hours dosing myself up on painkillers.Can just about sit/lie with the binos. Off to the bonesetter tomorrow morning so I should be back on track for Tuesday night all being well.

Wish I'd seen the farmer's face. Bet it was a picture.

I was all set to go but slipped a disk in my back ( throwing an aerobie to my daughter) and have spent the last 36 hours dosing myself up on painkillers.Can just about sit/lie with the binos. Off to the bonesetter tomorrow morning so I should be back on track for Tuesday night all being well.

Blimey mate that aint good!! Put your feet up and have a good rest eh. :)

It is beautifully clear here in Exeter this evening and I've still got everything set up from last night. Managed to get a few DSO's imaged last night but only started processing M31. Didn't get to bed until 4am but hope to be up all night tonight!

post-10318-0-21926600-1343151550_thumb.p

It is beautifully clear here in Exeter this evening and I've still got everything set up from last night. Managed to get a few DSO's imaged last night but only started processing M31. Didn't get to bed until 4am but hope to be up all night tonight!

That's looking good. What sort of subs are you taking?

Oh well Alan, I am up there for 2 weeks as of this weekend, so I guess the weather is unlikely to get any better until I leave (kiss of death me!!!)

It's a pity you couldn't get here a little sooner Richard as the weather forecast for Friday afternoon is good with clear skies for the evening. What a pity you are going to miss the Cumbrian summer :)

3 of the four meteors i saw were coming from the direction of cassiopeia the last and brightest headed from pegasus to aquila in direction, i couldnt see ursa major from my location at moment. 3 of the 4 meteors I saw were quite bright especially the last one.

It's a pity you couldn't get here a little sooner Richard as the weather forecast for Friday afternoon is good with clear skies for the evening. What a pity you are going to miss the Cumbrian summer :)

Don't you believe Alan, it will all miraculously clear for the next two weeks !!! Anyway, this holiday is family time, so as long as I get some good photo opportunities I will be happy, but it would be n ice to get a few clear night time skies as I believe the Milky Way can be spectaculat up there. Oh well off to bed now - 5am start tomorrow!

• 1 month later...

I picked up the tag of 'Bonesetter' here. Can anyone advise if there is a good Bonesetter (not Chiropractor) to be found in Cornwall or Devon these days? There was one man of excellent reputation called Fred Miners at Lostwithiel but I believe he died some time ago. My partner has a slipped disc and he only has faith in a bonesetter. Apologies for asking through this forum but a search of 'Bonesetter Cornwall' picked up this link.

I picked up the tag of 'Bonesetter' here. Can anyone advise if there is a good Bonesetter (not Chiropractor) to be found in Cornwall or Devon these days? There was one man of excellent reputation called Fred Miners at Lostwithiel but I believe he died some time ago. My partner has a slipped disc and he only has faith in a bonesetter. Apologies for asking through this forum but a search of 'Bonesetter Cornwall' picked up this link.

I remember Fred Miners. He sorted my back a few times. I've been using a chap called Adrian Banbury in Liskeard for the last few years. He's an Osteopath and pretty good. If you'd like his number just send me a PM.

Luke

Archived