SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Andromedia Galaxy with Evostar ed80

Quatermass

I think there's a lot of data in this image and it's turned out nicely. To me though I am seeing a distinct magenta hue to the galaxy. I'd be more inclined to shift the colour more towards the yellow.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabulous image just shows you whats possible with the 80 ED.

Cheers big blue one This is the first time I have imaged the Andromeda galaxy with the evostar one of the main reasons I got it as well but it takes great images on the eq5.

I think there's a lot of data in this image and it's turned out nicely. To me though I am seeing a distinct magenta hue to the galaxy. I'd be more inclined to shift the colour more towards the yellow.

I will up load the .tiff file so people can have a play with the stacked image I tend to go with what to my eyes is ok but bear in mind that I am slightly colour blind so that may be the reason :smiley:

It was fantastic viewing last night black night really clear and only 13 degrees all night best nights viewing for ages and hopefully same again tonight if were lucky :grin:

That is an amazing image - its funny I had had a similar night on the 20th and saw Andromeda properly for the 1st time, only had a webcam so no images except Jupiter. But the weather was as you described - I could clearly see the streak of Milky way and many hundreds of stars that usually get drowned by LP and mist, the view of pleiades through that 9x50mm finder was soooo nice, its a great litlle finderscope and a refreshingly wide FOV.

Muchly impressed with your image,

Regards

Aenima

And here in Devon it is going to be a clear night again, last night wasn't clear here so the clear weather is moving around a bit. I just realised QM that your good skies were last nights, here it was two nights back.

Who knows it could be all round clear tonight, hoping to get a webcam on Jupiter again. Good luck with the weather everyone.

Regards

Aenima

Cracking picture QM, really nice.

Lovely colour as always.

Sadly, I have lovely dark skies on Holidays in france, but no telescope :(

Nice to see you making the most of the break in the awful UK weather this summer.

That is an amazing image - its funny I had had a similar night on the 20th and saw Andromeda properly for the 1st time, only had a webcam so no images except Jupiter. But the weather was as you described - I could clearly see the streak of Milky way and many hundreds of stars that usually get drowned by LP and mist, the view of pleiades through that 9x50mm finder was soooo nice, its a great litlle finderscope and a refreshingly wide FOV.

Muchly impressed with your image,

Regards

Aenima

Thank you Aenima,its been lovely and clear now for two whole nights and tonight is looking very promising as well hope you can get out there and enjoy it lovely to sit under the stars again. :grin:

Cracking picture QM, really nice.

Lovely colour as always.

Sadly, I have lovely dark skies on Holidays in france, but no telescope :(

Nice to see you making the most of the break in the awful UK weather this summer.

Cheers Badger, looking forward to the Kelling star festival that will be brilliant looks like were finally having a summer at last hope your having a good time in france you can allways grab a pair of binoculars. :grin:

Nice one Mark! Wasn't it great to be able to DO something!!

LOL yes Tim is sure was great to be able to finally get out there and do some imaging almost forgot how to process my images after such a long time and even started making model airoplanes to keep my self sane. :grin:

Really nice image! Those nights are like gold dust.

Thank you Jessun, I love these warm summer evenings really lovely to sit out there on my bean bag with my binoculars and just take in the night sky. Hope we all get another one tonight its looking promising.

Another great one QM, tons of detail in there plenty of dust lanes to explore, its another one of your images thats got kind of a sparkly quality to it:D, really nice job mate! I imaged this last night as well only got 26 x 120 sec so far, I'll be more than happy if mine ends up looking similar to yours:) such great seeing last couple of nights!!:)

Chris

Cheers Chris if you go for about 80 subs with 60 darks flats and bias shots you should have the same amount of data as I managed but not sure what your light pollution is like down that way. It was really lovely dark skies here in Suffolk mind the milky way was shining out really bright right across the sky amazing site. :smiley:

Thanks Mark:) Ipswich isn't half bad after the lights go out at 12pm also I had a SW LP filter screwed onto the front of my T-ring adaptor. It was bliss last night I could see the milky way as well! it looked like thin cloud but know it was definately the milky way!, sat back with a couple of pairs of bino's and scanned the sky whilst my camera was snapping away, happy days mate :)

Thanks Mark:) Ipswich isn't half bad after the lights go out at 12pm also I had a SW LP filter screwed onto the front of my T-ring adaptor. It was bliss last night I could see the milky way as well! it looked like thin cloud but know it was definately the milky way!, sat back with a couple of pairs of bino's and scanned the sky whilst my camera was snapping away, happy days mate :)

Hiya :)

I'm in Claydon and it didn't look any better after midnight for me <sob>

Hiya :)

I'm in Claydon and it didn't look any better after midnight for me <sob>

Oh, don't they do lights out after midnight in Claydon? You might have to grab a clip board and start collecting signatures Squeeky:D

I don't see any difference to the South and East of me either. Honest. The lights in your street might go off, but the impact here is minimal.

Plus I've got Stowmarket and Needham Market that much closer to me, so it looks like dawn in the North; and I'm a whole 20 feet (7 mtrs) from the slip road to the A14. AND the street lamps down my street are on 24/7... AND my neighbours have garden lights plus security lights that every passing microbe triggers on.

Blimey!!! I didn't tidy my plate away from tea time and it's on the floor beside my coffee table which the laptop is currently sitting on. Sitting on that plate, within arms reach, is a field vole busily chomping on the bread crumbs from my toast.

Wow, what a beautiful picture. Absolutely stunning! I've never wanted to rush out and buy some AP kit and get started more than I do right now!!!

Now is a good time to get the gear so you will be ready for those winter wonders ;)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

Archived