Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

White Light Imagers, I Salute You.

JamieW

Tried white light imaging for the first time today and was suprised how much trickier it is than imaging in hydrogen alpha. I found it virtually impossible to get the focusing right, with the image jumping about all over the place. How you guys get such clear and close up images in white light is a real skill.

I also tried a Baader Cak filter for the first time and that helped, a lot, but it was still a bit of a mission. Whereas the view through the Lunt was nice and stable.

AR1525 - TAL 100RS, Baader ND3.6 Film & Cak Filter, QHY5

gallery_14506_1667_536589.png

AR1525 & Prom - Lunt 60, QHY5

gallery_14506_1667_506129.png

AR1525 & Another Prom - Lunt 60 , QHY5

gallery_14506_1667_532365.png

Anyway, it looks like the clouds have gone away for a few days so let's hope some nice acive regions rotate into view.

Jamie

Very good image, focus seems fine.

I found it virtually impossible to get the focusing right, with the image jumping about all over the place. How you guys get such clear and close up images in white light is a real skill.

Ah, sometimes I feel like a heart surgeon when I wield and meticulously operate the coarse knob of my plain R&P SW focuser (holding my breath and all).

Archived