sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

After three and a half weeks I finally have a clear night sky, not a cloud in sight :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Anyone else free at last to observe the night sky or are you still waiting?

I hope its the former but if not, unlucky and I'm sure your time will come soon :smiley:

• Like 1

a small patch of clear sky on the zenith here, came in after 10 minutes cos looking up with binos is a pain in the neck (literally). Cant wait to get a scope now

Was clear for me, observed from half midnight to twenty to two. Cloud to the west, but it stayed there instead of covering the sky. It did, however, seem lighter than it was a couple of nights ago, but I found three new Messiers anyway.

Well done :) I'm finding it great for viewing here in somerset. Eargerly staying up waiting for Jupiter to just get that little bit higher so i can finally see the planet for the first time.... so exciting! :D

clear as a bell here, finally got a chance to run out my new scope under half decently dark skies. Very nice night. No getting up early tomorrow! Very enjoyable. Milky way nice and clear. Got the Veil nicely.

Roll on the darker nights

clear as a bell here, finally got a chance to run out my new scope under half decently dark skies. Very nice night. No getting up early tomorrow! Very enjoyable. Milky way nice and clear. Got the Veil nicely.

Roll on the darker nights

Same here Bart. Clear, dark (SQM 21.45) skies and Milky way looked amazing!

I've had a taster and now I want MORE!!! :grin:

Got up, looked outside at this first of several clear, fine, warm days and it is cloudy and the temperature inside is down at 19c. Yesterday on the cloudy wet cold day it was cloudy but the temperature was 21c.

And they are talking about a front moving in on Tuesday, bringing guess what?? (Answer = Cloud and rain)

It looks like being clear for me tonight. Although they say there's a small cloud over my house at 10pm but they surely can't be that accurate! Even if it is cloudy, I still have Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday night all being clear! I think they'll all be clear, got a good feeling.

clear hear around midnight could only stay out for an hour though, seen some lovely clusters at 300x and they were ace.tried pluto but it was a bit merky towards the south,ring nebula was spectacular in my new 12.5mm bgo quite a good night well hour

Edited by faulksy

according to reports ive about an hour maybe 2 at most tonight free of clouds, so i've put scope out , checked collimation and whacked a couple of tinnys in the fridge. now dont let me down weather men ! :embarrassed:

• Like 1

It was cloudy all day yesterday but the weather people said it would be clear for the night and sure enough it was.

I'm not much of a summer observer, so i didnt take advantage of the clear night.

In about 4 weeks i will be back out there.

Looks like tonight might be clear after all! YES! My face is smiling like a crescent moon right now! Can't wait! I should probably get my scope ready now but I think I'll leave until 7:30, I think 3 hours gives it plenty enough time to cool down to the temperatures outside!