SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Imaging Meteor Showers.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I would have a go last night and see what happened. Went through the photo's and found this. Apologies it is a little out of focus. Was wondering what it was I managed to catch. Did 10secs captures at 1600. Still lots to work on but hoping to get out again tonight and have another go. Still very new to all this so sorry about noobish posts.

post-12419-0-05100700-1344531177_thumb.j

Hi

As per most of the other advice, I use a Sony A350 with a Standard lens, mount it on my tripod and point in the right direction, Set at ISO 800 and shoot 30 secs repeatedly, let it run all night and see what I get. Attached is my only ever captured shot.

Regards

John B

post-4419-0-00133200-1344535994_thumb.jp

Thats actually a good capture John. Nice color in the tail. But if you left it all night on a tripod the radii of where the meteors come from would move out of the view of your camera rather quickly. By early morning, where most the meteor can be seen, the radii would be well out of the view of your cameras lens. Also you need to be pointing you camera to the north in between the constellation Perseus and Caseopia. Thats where the radii is.

Archived