Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 reprocessed; must be cloudy again

Shibby

This is actually the second time I've reprocessed this, having neglected to save my work last time before an ill-timed Photoshop crash!

It's a 50% crop, the framing is slightly awkward but I wanted to fit in the nice fuzzies near the bottom. There are plenty of other (albeit smaller) fuzzies scattered around, too.

I haven't quite figured out why my stars came out so much tighter than is usual for my setup. Perhaps they are just fainter? :icon_scratch:

It is 25x5min + 15x5m Ha (not loads but does help a bit) with my 450D at ISO-800 from SGL7!

gallery_5051_1080_112395.jpg

Thanks all for your comments. On second looks, I think I may have lost a little detail in M51 itself in this version...

However, I was looking at some of the background fuzzies and noticed a grouping to the left-hand side of the image, so I downloaded "Aladin" and it turns out to be (the catchily-named) galaxy cluster WHL J133218.3+470937. Not the best capture, I'm sure, but it's fun to hunt around your image to see what you've picked up :)

gallery_5051_1849_160563.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived