SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Trifid try

Yoddha

Last Saturday, decided to try this very beautiful object. Here it is quite low (max 23 degrees altitude) and this caused a lot of problems for the guiding. The guiding star was dancing in PHD and forcing it to make a lot of false corrections. As a result half of the images are unusable :( When the object closed the meridian switched to Cocoon nebula, where PHD was much more happy and spent the rest of the dark time there :)

So here is my modest image of M20...

- 33min total (4x7min, 1x5min, ISO 1600, no darks, dithering)

- MN 190, 550D (modified), EM-200

- PHD, APT, DSS, PS

55f64330-93e9-4189-a14c-21973bdfb899_thumb.png

Hello Ivo,

Hope you don't mind, but your picture has so much detail I couldn't resist a few tweaks.

(Weather so bad here I get bored!)

(Pixinsight, Curves and Local Histogram).

Thank you Farunj, Michael, Colin and Gina!

Colin, of course I don't mind :) PI is on top of my shopping list - only the learning curve is the stopper, because currently don't have time. Is local histogram a PI feature?

Thank you Farunj, Michael, Colin and Gina!

Colin, of course I don't mind :) PI is on top of my shopping list - only the learning curve is the stopper, because currently don't have time. Is local histogram a PI feature?

Local Histogram is a dedicated feature of Pixinsight. You adjust sliders to get the desired result, and the the effect can be quite dramatic without losing detail.

I hope you try Pixinsight, it's well worth the effort, although you must start with a completley open mind and forget Photoshop techniques.

Great image Ivo, very jealous of your clear skies.

Thank you Jsigone and Kbramley!

Kbramley, yes MN190 is a great scope :) Little bit hard to colimate... There is still little problem with the upper left corner. I'm wondering what have to tune - the secondary or the primary for that???

Archived