Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kelling Catering Question

Kai

As some of you know SGL has resident in house catering for Star Parties (Big Cook and Little Cook).

As there is a few of us pitched together I was wondering what people are planning to do on the catering front ??

How many of you are making your own plans ref food ?? OR (and i suspect i know the answer here) how many will be willing to chip in with a comunial food type thing.

I ask as that we we can plan on what burners / grills / pans to bring.

Normally breakfast is bacon eggs sausages etc and in the evening chilli,chinese.

Please note we dont provide plates and bowls :lol::grin: and the chefs are open to bribery :D:wink:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Food for me please... :D

As Kai says bring your own plates, bowls, cutlery.....Chefs don't wash up so you're expected to chip in clearing up..

Any vegetarians or special dietary requirements...No micky taking as this came up at the last Starparty..

Financial investment will be required so we can go off and buy the provisions. Which will be worked out on per head per meal..

(Usually about £3.00 per head per meal which covers food, gas and my Chef's box.)

Sorry Kai i've nicked your thread.... :wink:

PS..Kai do you want to sticky this one??

Please put me down for 100% attendance for whatever meals are available. I'll bring cup, plate, knife, fork and spoon. Can't bring any cooking utensils since Mrs MikeP would have me dangly bits. I will be bringing cakes and beer though.

Mike

Greg & Steve (and Daz?), stick me down for Saturday night plus my Brother-in-Law. After SGL3, how could I not??? If you need me to bring anything, just ask gentlemen :D. And what form of bribary are you open to?

Paper plates aren't such a silly idea as they're recycleable :wink:.

Tony..

Tony,

Would you consider bringing some black pudding in exchange for financial compensation.. :wink:

I would like to have some in my fridge, the stuff you brought to Wales was most excellent and I have been unable to source a local supplier up to the "Whiplash Pud" Standard...

It's very nice raw with a glass of Merlot and some cheese...Although I have to sleep in the spare room afterwards.. 8)

Greg

Of course mate :D, my Butcher has them in regularly. When I see him next week, I'll ask him to reserve me some. How many do you want??

Shame I can't bring them down for the Saturday morning brekkie (aka, the breakfast of champions) :wink:.

Tony..

I can bring and make Devon cream teas - no cooking required Smile

:lol:

Low fat jam, low fat cream and low fat scones for me please.....I'm on a diet.. :wink:

Hoping to get into a size 12 for my brother in laws wedding in October. :D

Hang on....Jam contain fruit.....Scones contain fruit..... :idea1:

Cider...Contains fruit.... :D

That's three of my "5 a day.."

Eat and drink that twice a day and i'll be thin in no time..... :grin:

I have Haggi in the freezer, proper ones not frying ones, that I can bring for brekkie :wink:

Tracey likes Black Pudding Raw - you'd better stick a couple in for me as well Tony :D

No problemo mate :lol:. Anyone else???

Tony..

OK,

The menu currently looks like:

Thursday - Chinese

Friday - brekkie + Spag Bol

Saturday - brekkie + Chili

Lunches are your own affair!

Not everyone is staying on Sunday, so again, you'll need to play hunter/gatherer!!

So, two important points:

The exact cost depends on the number of people at each meal, and it would be good to know NOW for Thursday dinner and Friday breakfast please. We're shopping for this on the way so we can concentrate on getting tents up and more importantly, scopes unpacked!! Also, we're only doing one shopping run per day and if your name ain't down.........!!!

Two: Vegetarians and children. We can and will cater for the kiddies and vegetarians - BUT you need to tell us!! If you want chips, there is a place on campus that does them, but we can certainly cater for pasta/rice type things

So, we really need:

a) Number for Thursday night and Friday morning

:lol: Kids and vegetarians for the same

Really looking forward to this, should be a lot of fun :wink::D

Well i suppose I best start it off....

I will amend peoples post into this post to keep things tidy if thats okay

Thurs and Fri

Steve (Kai herb) + Kai (nothing special for him just bread and water :wink:):D

Mike P

Darren + Samantha

SteveL (brekkie only at the moment)

Grant